Suggest treatment for scars on the lips

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Sun Burn
Question: Hello,

I've had a lip scar from a split lip for about 9 years. I never had stitches but probably should have. It looks like a lump in some light and bothers me. Do I just deal with it our are there any simple procedures to reduce it's appearance?

Thanks
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Microneedling sessions or laser treatment

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic,

I have reviewed the attached photographs.

You need to go for some procedures like micro-needling sessions or laser treatment for reduction of this scar.

Multiple sittings wil be required every 3-4 weeks.
This will lighten the scar.

Let me know if I could assist you further.

Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 34 minutes later
Will these sessions be effective if the scar is already lighter than the surrounding skin? Would microneedling lessen the bump any?

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These sessions will be effective in clearing the scar

Detailed Answer:
Yes, these sessions will still be effective in clearing up the scar.

Yes, microneedling will lessen the bump to some extent.

Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 5 minutes later
Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome!!

Detailed Answer:
Welcome!!
All the best!!