Suggest treatment for recurrent infection on the ankle
Please see the detailed answer below.
Hello! I have been through your question.
Related your concern you should know that if you have done a lot of procedures and ORIF, exists a high possibility of risks and complications can include bacterial colonization of the bone,wound infection.
Furthermore I need to know more about your health problems because immunosuppressed patient (with diabetes, etc) are more susceptible from resistant hospital infections(especially MRSA, pseudomonas aeruginosa), and have trouble healing of wounds.
I suggest to take a wound culture in order to find germs (such as bacteria or a fungus) that can cause an infection and to see antibiogram if the antibiotics that you have used are resistant or not.
Usually this open wound need a prolonged therapy with combined antibiotics that are sensible on antibiogram.
As well you should know that the hyperbaric oxygen therapy is very useful and can treat serious infections, and wounds that won't heal as you have.
I hope my answer helps you.
I wish you a quick recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sprained ankle
- Suggest treatment for sprained hurting ankle
- Suggest treatment for ankle fracture
- Treatment and cure for recurrent infections
- Suggest treatment for painful burnt ankle
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the ankles
- Suggest treatment for ankle injury
- Suggest treatment for ankle pain
- Suggest treatment for worm infection
- Suggest treatment for recurrent bladder infection