Suggest treatment for recurrent anal fistula even after surgery

General Surgeon
Question
hello sir my self XXXXXXX i have anal fistula in the month of feb at a depth of 1 cm and from 1st feb i have taken antibiotics to cure this upto 30th march but this will not core and after that i go for surgery and i treated well. but after some time i face one problem of pain in left side of my abdomen and i take metrazin for five days and i feel relax but after some period i face same pain again and i take netzox for five days and then rifaximin for 6 days and after that i take enterogina but i have not feeling relax and my all blood and ultrsound reports are normal but in stool report i found pus cell 1-2/hpf so pls suggest what i will do i have mild pain in abdomen in large intestine
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
could be colitis

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

As per your history and reports, you might be having colitis.

1-2pus cells/hpf in stools are normal.

I usually give my patients with similar complaints, a course of preprobiotics. As due to intake of antibiotics the normal heathy gut flora gets replaced by bad bacterias, leading to colitis and pain.

The preprobiotics replace that bad bacterias with the healthy ones. So I would suggest that you try the same for a week and eat fresh curds to supplement it.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil