Suggest treatment for recurrent Staphylococcal infection
What can I ask doctor for to help fight this? Last dermy have tetracycline but that doesn't cure.
MRSA susceptibility, antibiotic empiric cover, debridement if necessary
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Empirically antimicrobial therapy cover all likely pathogens in the context of the clinical setting, till susceptibility reports are available for which samples should be taken before therapy is initiated
Topical mupirocin, chlorhexidine gluconate washes, and oral rifampin plus doxycycline for 7 days can be a good empiric regimen.
Recently community-acquired MRSA infections that have been susceptible to various non–beta-lactam antibiotics. As such, patients with serious staphylococcal infections should be initially started on agents active against MRSA until susceptibility results are available.
Adequate antiseptic measures and wound drainage/debridement should be carried out if necessary, in combination with the antibiotics. If its a recurrent infection then systemic antibiotics should also be used in addition to topical ones.
Please consult your doctor before taking any medication
Let me know if you have any query
wishing you best of health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of staphylococcal infection
- Treatment and cure for staphylococcal infection
- Treatment and cure for staphylococcal infective pyoderma
- Staphylococcal infection nose and eyes
- Diagnosis of resistant staphylococcal infection
- Treatment and cure for resistant staphylococcal infection
- Resistant staphylococcal infection causes
- Staphylococcal infection causes
- Staphylococcal infective pyoderma causes
- Symptoms of staphylococcal infective pyoderma
- How to withdraw from Suboxone slowly without any side effects?
- Suggest treatment for muscle aches and inflammation
- What does a brown spot on penis indicate?
- What is the window period to test syphilis?
- Suggest treatment for lump on arm at elbow crease
- Suggest treatment for swollen gland in neck post tonsillectomy
- Suggest treatment for Crohn's disease and hepatitis
- Suggest treatment for shooting pain in lower legs and thighs
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C genotype 1A
- Suggest treatment for pain at colon resection site