• question-icon

Suggest treatment for rashes on various parts of the body

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Good Morning
I have a rash that appears to be breaking out on various parts of my body. I did see a doctor and was told it was "maybe eczema." Prescribed cream is not helping. Please assist. The attached photos show the inside of my foot, my wrist the palm of my hand. However, the rash is also in my chest area.
Thank you so much.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of lichen nitidus

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the Images.
I can see pin head sized, monomophic, flat topped, skin colored bumps on wrist, sides of feet and a cluster of apparently vesicular lesions on the palm.
I will keep a possibility of Lichen Nitidus. It is a type of eczema.
I would like to know the name of the prescribed cream?I would also like to know if you have any symptoms like itching?

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 31 hours later
Yes, there is itching. The name of the creme Ive been prescribed is Triamcinolone Acetonide. However, as stated before, it does mot appear to be helping. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Switch to a superpotent topical steroid

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

Triamcinolone acetonide is a moderately potent steroid. I suggest you to apply a superpotent topical steroid cream e.g either Clobetasol propionate 0.05% or Halobetasol propionate 0.05% cream twice daily.
In addition I also suggest you yo tske an oral antihistamine e.g Tab. Cetrizine 10mg for symptomatic relief from itching.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist