• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for rashes on various parts of the body

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Good Morning
I have a rash that appears to be breaking out on various parts of my body. I did see a doctor and was told it was "maybe eczema." Prescribed cream is not helping. Please assist. The attached photos show the inside of my foot, my wrist the palm of my hand. However, the rash is also in my chest area.
Thank you so much.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of lichen nitidus

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the Images.
I can see pin head sized, monomophic, flat topped, skin colored bumps on wrist, sides of feet and a cluster of apparently vesicular lesions on the palm.
I will keep a possibility of Lichen Nitidus. It is a type of eczema.
I would like to know the name of the prescribed cream?I would also like to know if you have any symptoms like itching?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 31 hours later
Yes, there is itching. The name of the creme Ive been prescribed is Triamcinolone Acetonide. However, as stated before, it does mot appear to be helping. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Switch to a superpotent topical steroid

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

Triamcinolone acetonide is a moderately potent steroid. I suggest you to apply a superpotent topical steroid cream e.g either Clobetasol propionate 0.05% or Halobetasol propionate 0.05% cream twice daily.
In addition I also suggest you yo tske an oral antihistamine e.g Tab. Cetrizine 10mg for symptomatic relief from itching.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8986 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Halobetasol

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor,

Mine 31 years old male. There is oil reaction whenever i apply any oil/greasy material over my head.

there is always itching and...

doctor1 MD

I m 91 years old and have lost my sense of taste. I take a lot of drugs; e.g., sinemet, metropol, midodrine, cerofolin, atorvastin, zinc,iron, et...

doctor1 MD

Hi, l had skin itching on left leg since last 5 years ... Recently I came to know it's related to psoriasis ... I am worrying on this please...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I have a small patch of hair loss on my left bottom of scalp . I think it is Alopecia Areata . I had same symptom few years back and had...

doctor1 MD

i m from india. I suffering with itching in internal part of penis and foul, rotten like smell in penis since 1 year. penis has gone pink...

doctor1 MD

i have been diagonised as having lichen planus,by a dermatologist and he had prescribed a topical

steroid cream called as Halobetasol...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

186 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Kakkar S.
  • Q - Suggest treatment for thinning of skin

  • Q - Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?

  • Q - What casues allergic skin rash?

  • Q - How to diagnose herepes type 2?

  • Q - What causes white pimples in vagina?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain

  • Q - Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp

  • Q - What causes non itchy eruption on penis?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body