Suggest treatment for radiating pain and numbness

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I was lifting weights the other day, which I am used to doing, and i felt a pop and sizzle in my back. I thought i just pulled a muscle. But since then, pain in the back, neck, and radiating pain and numbness down my left hand and fingers. Ibuprofen doesn't do much. Still very painful after 5 days. Did I pinch a nerve? What should I do?
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Avoid further weight lifting

Detailed Answer:

It is pinch nerve, it occurs due to pressure, may be the result of repetitive motions. he pressure may be the result of repetitive motions. Or it may happen from holding your body in one position for long periods as in strength gaining exercises.

You should try to avoid further weight lifting till 2 weeks.

Get your xray of cervical spine and lumbosacral spine in AP and Lateral view done and send me the report.

Take aceclofenac+thiocolchicoside and pregabalin by prescription of your local doctor.

Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening.

I hope it helps.

Thanks.

Dr.Singh.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for radiating pain and numbness 10 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX

Do you know how I would send a follow-up X-ray to you?

xxxX

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the response my friend.

There is icon on right side of the query page in healthcare magic site for uploading xrays.

You may also ask this to health care magic team.

Even if you don't find anything, you can send/type me report as follow up query box.

Thanks.

Dr.Singh.