Suggest treatment for puffiness and soreness in the groin area
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I read carefully your query.
It seems to be a skin irritation due to persistent friction.
You should keep the area dry.Wash the area well with lukewarm water (you can sit on a bathtub for 20 min and this will ease the discomfort).
If the lesions are very painful and you can't avoid further friction ,you can use a mild steroid cream like hydrocortizone 0.5 -1 %.You can buy it over the counter and apply it twice a day for 1 week or until the lesions heal.
Use petroleum jelly or other lubricants to reduce friction.
Hope it helps.
Let me know if you need further help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for lesion in the groin
- Suggest treatment for persistent itching in groin area
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin
- Suggest treatment for itching in the groin
- Suggest treatment to reduce swelling of the groin
- What treatment is suggested for severe rash in groin area
- Suggest treatment for sprained groin muscle
- Itch and pain on groin and testicles suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for puss filled lesion in the groin area
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection between the groin folds