• question-icon

Suggest treatment for pressure and spasms of the urinary bladder

Posted on Thu, 29 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: SO SCARED GETTING CYCSTOPY ON MONDAY. CONSTANT PRESSURE AND SPASMS ON BLADDER. PEEING LIKE 30 TIMES A DAY. HAD URINEAYLISIS DONE AND ON ANTIBOTICS FOR A MONTH ON 3 WEEKS ALREADY. HAD CT SCAN WITH CONTRAST AND WITHOUT. AND SONAGRAM. PEE ASTILL BURNS AND SCARED TO DEATH OF WHAT IT IS. NO MORE BLOOD IN URINE IT WAS MICROSCOPIC
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cystoscopy in female is very very simple procedure .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .The frequency for urination with burning is most likely to be due to Cystitis .

In view of microscopic hematuria and any finding on CT scan and Sonogram direct visualization of bladder from inside is a definite diagnostic test to be done .Cystoscopy is very simple procedure especially in females and is routinely done as a out patient office procedure without any anesthesia . It will help to establish diagnosis and cause for your symptoms .

There is nothing to be worried about it .

As regards microscopic hematuria one can have microscopic hematuria even with mild Cystitis but most unlikely to be due to cancer.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
This has been going on for a month. I thought antibiotics would have resolved in. I will be on the antibiotics for 4 weeks Monday. The bladder spasms aren't any better. They are actually worse the more I get myself worked up. Most of my pains are on the right side. I have never had anything wrong and not a greAt patient. My uretha burns after I urinate. Really really scared. Also under a lot of stress. Wouldn't they have seen cancer by now? Does cancer hurt like this? Don't want to be a pain but I'm so upset
Scared of test and scared it's going to be a bad diagnosis like cancer or surgery. My sister just died of pancreatic cancer at 54 in January. It was a horrible thing to watch.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is definitely not a cancer of the bladder .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
The symptoms that you have are strongly suggestive of a non bacterial cystitis .

The CT scan and Sonogram would have detected cancer of the bladder .

In view of absence of any positive findings there is no reason why you should be scarred about it .

It is your anxiety that is bothering you .

As I have explained Cystoscopy is the very simple procedure and the Urologist will inspect your bladder from inside that will help you to establish the cause of your symptoms .

Go ahead and get it done that will help to allay your anxiety .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Thank you
Looking it up now. Do you mind if I ask you more questions if I have them through the weekend?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Of course yes .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .You can ask any query at any time ,
I will be glad to help you and address your concern .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist