Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation with erectile dysfunction?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 3614 Questions
With in the last year my penis head has become very sensitive to the point I can only last about 10 sec but before that I didn't have this problem I could last for a long time what could be wrong it is most sensitive around the rim what can I do to fix this thanks
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Psychologic, needs evaluation Detailed Answer: Good day Sir! My name is Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your performance issues. Sir you have premature ejaculation with erectile dysfunction and providing no such history in the past and no recent traumas or other injuries i reassure you its innocuous and will resolve.All we need we need some modifications here. Modifications in diet with a good balanced one and a consult to a dietitian for a diet plan. Sir i want to reassure you that anxiety and depression are the sole responsible factors for the issues at the age of 31 which is too young to be organic. So next modification is lifestyle modification and psycotherapies and that needs a perfect psychiatric evaluation to sort out the etiology for you. So in nut shell seek the dietitian and psychiatrist help. if the issue persisted then we will run some tests to sort out the organic cause but i am sure it wont come to that. Just a diet and lifestyle modification with some psychiatric rehabilitation to modify the anxiety and stressful events in life. Hope it gets resolved sooner than possible. keep me posted. Don't forget to close the discussion please and rate the answer as per your experience. Regards Dr S Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation with erectile dysfunction? 1 hour later
well shortly before I started having this problem I did have a vasectomy the area that is really sensitive is on the top side on and around the rim I also had a uti when this started to bother me so I don't think it has anything to do with the was I eat I do have a lot of stress with my work but that's it
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Vasectomy further confirms its psychologic Detailed Answer: Hello again! Now that you mentioned vasectomy and UTI i want you to visit and consult a doctor as the nervous supply and sensory pathways might be compromised after vasectomy. Performance anxiety after vasectomy is a very common phenomenon. SO i think all you need is a reassurance. and it will resolve once you seek help. From my point of view where i can see it from all it speculates is anxiety and psychiatric aspect of performance as i mentioned age of 31 is too young to have performance issues. If any thing else comes up as a reason come and grab me from my collar. No worries. It will be back to its strength and turgor. Take care and dont forget to close the discussion please. Have a very good day regards Dr S Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation with erectile dysfunction? 3 hours later
so what kind of doctor do I need to go to family or urologist or what
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Psychiatrist Detailed Answer: Hello again sir! Going to a psychiatrist would be a good start. After that if needed neurologist may be involved for ruling out any trauma to the nervous supply to the penile area resulting in potency issues. But i am sure it wont come to that. Have a good day sir. Kindly close the discussion please if the queries are finished. Thank you for asking Regards Dr S Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor