Suggest treatment for post-fall soreness and bruising

Posted on Sat, 13 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I hurt my big toe today and it's bruised and warm to the touch compared to the other foot!! I'm diabetic and have neuropathy in both legs and don't feel pain from the shin down. Is there anything I should be concerned about?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be a fracture in toe

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case. It can not be taken lightly. I would recommend you to get x ray of the foot. If there is hairline fracture then you will need splinting of the toe.
Even if there is no fracture then you will need bed rest. I would also suggest you following.
1.Antibiotic like Amoxicillin twice daily.
2.Tablet Brufen twice daily.
3.Limb elevation.
4.Good sugar control.
You should not delay it as it can cause more complication also. I hope this answer will be useful for you. Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
thanks
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement