• question-icon

Suggest treatment for pinching pain in the breasts

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: I had previously asked question on taking PENTANERVE NT 400/10 tablet for my aunt who got operated for T2N0M0 carcinoma in her right breast with axillary dissection in the month of April and you had suggested to take it for another 12 week. She got operated in XXXXXXX 8th, 2017.

It is almost been 12 weeks she is taking that tablet once daily from April and still feel that pinching pain is not completely gone. She had missed taking tablets couple of times in these 12 weeks and next day she was complaining of more pain. Overall she has taken this tablets more than 12 weeks including the initial 1 month she had taken before I consulted you.

My questions are:
1. She feels that the pain will be more if the tablet is discontinued. Is it safe to continue this tablet for another month or so?
2. Do you think that she need to be checked by a Neurologist for the the pain which she still complaining even after almost 6 months after surgery.
3. As per your experience, how long it might take for her to feel better with her arm and for the nerve recovery which got damaged during the surgery.

Please help us and guide on the next course of action.

We are consulting the medical oncologist for her other treatments as per the plan and he always says that the pain will subside as the time progress.
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I have replied to all questions

Detailed Answer:
Q1. She feels that the pain will be more if the tablet is discontinued. Is it safe to continue this tablet for another month or so?
Q1. It can be continued

Q2. Do you think that she need to be checked by a Neurologist for the the pain which she still complaining even after almost 6 months after surgery.
A2. Yes. You can consult a Neurologist or Neurosurgeon in Person

Q3. As per your experience, how long it might take for her to feel better with her arm and for the nerve recovery which got damaged during the surgery.
A3. Varies from person to person

//Please help us and guide on the next course of action.//
Please continue the tablets. If the pain is persisting after one month, Please add Tab. Pregadoc PLUS (Pregabalin) https://www.1mg.com/drugs/pregadoc-plus-capsule-159946

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Bruno

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 21 minutes later
Thanks for the response.

I will continue PENTANERVE NT 400/10 tablet for another month and consult a neurologist if still no improvement in her pain. Hope this is fine.

Please advise the dosage for Pregadoc PLUS and how many times a day it has to be taken. Also, as per your your suggestion this should be taken only after trying PENTANERVE NT 400/10 for another month. Please confirm this as well.
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Questions have been answered

Detailed Answer:
//I will continue PENTANERVE NT 400/10 tablet for another month and consult a neurologist if still no improvement in her pain. Hope this is fine.//
Fine

//Please advise the dosage for Pregadoc PLUS and how many times a day it has to be taken.//
Alpha Lipoic Acid(100mg),Folic Acid(1.5mg),Methylcobalamin(750mcg),Pregabalin(75mg),Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)(1.5mg)

Two times a day

//. Also, as per your your suggestion this should be taken only after trying PENTANERVE NT 400/10 for another month. Please confirm this as well.//
YES

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas

Neurologist, Surgical