Suggest treatment for persistent tingling sensation in the leg

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have a sensation in my leg that feels like a thread or a spider web is there but there is nothing. Been like that for two days.
What can this mean.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer.....could be temporary but need to be tested
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Such types of tingling feelings in legs or sometimes arms also can be caused by various reasons. These reasons could be just benign and temporary and sometimes chronic and due to some underlying disease process. 
In general,the most common causes for such type of tingling (peripheral  neuropathy ) is due to....
Diabetes
Alcoholism
Lack of VIT B6 and VIT B12.
I would advise you to start taking a multivitamin tablet and get tested for above mentioned causes by consulting your doctor.
Hopefully things get resolved soon. In case problem increases,then you would need to consult a physician and get thoroughly evaluated.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks