Suggest treatment for persistent pain in the buttocks, calf and ankles

Dr. Geeta Sundar

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: This is a follow-up to Dr. Gaeta Sandar
You suggested Motrin - I still have severe pain in my buttocks (that is where i received the Celestone injection) and my calf and ankle.

dr. XXXXXXX you suggested motrin, which I have been taking to allieviate severe pain in my buttocks ( that;s where I got the double injection of Celestone ) I still have severe pain in my buttocks, clalf, and ankle, especially in the morning before I take my pain medicine. The pain is very severe, i cannot walk without a cane. XXXXXXX Friess

Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
We need to know why the pain is persisting.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I am really sorry the pain is still persisting. I was out yesterday so did not see your follow up query.
Please stop Motrin--I do not want you take it for long.

Get a sonography and x-ray of the area done. Or if possible a CT SCAN.
We need to know why the pain is persisting. Can you send me the reports so I can help you better?

Meanwhile ---

Start local ice fomentation 10 minutes, followed by heat 10 minutes, followed by an anti inflammatory cream with ibuprofen/diclofenac local massage, followed by local dressing with Epsom salt mixed with any cream or glycerine. This will give local pain relief and draw out any inflammation.

You can also take Pre-Gabapentin 75 mg plus Mecobalamin 750 at night (will take care of nerve pain)

Amitryptiline 10 at night (for nerve pain)

Chymotrypsin 10000 u twice a day( to dissolve any collection of blood and inflammatory material)
Do revert back with doubts/queries/feedback.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D