question-icon

Suggest treatment for persistent nose bleeds and cough

Posted on Tue, 19 Jul 2016
Question: Yes, my husband has been having nose bleeds, also, when laying down he coughs half the night. What should he have checked?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your description it appears to be related to a lesion in the nasal cavity. It can also be due to a bleeding disorder. An ENT SPECIALIST doctor should be consulted to examine the nasal cavity and advise the needful e.g nasal packing (anterior or posterior ) or cautery etc. Complete blood count and coagulation profile should also be done accordingly. The cough at night is likely related to the aspirated contents mixed with the blood. LRTI should be looked for and treated with antibiotics. PPIS should also be advised accordingly.

please consult your doctor before taking any further course of action

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Dr M.S Khalil
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil