• question-icon

Suggest treatment for persistent lethargy

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I I have a feeling of no energy
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
investigation is required

Detailed Answer:

lack of energy requires investigation. You should start with some common problems like side effects caused by the drugs you're taking. For example losartan may lower your blood pressure more than the desired levels and cause lack of energy. The other drugs may also cause fatigue sometimes albeit rarely.

For a patient with diabetes, glucose control is important. High glucose levels may cause dehydration and lack of energy - if the glucose remains high for many consecutive days.

Other causes may include anemia (metformin predisposes to it but more causes would be required to cause serious symptoms), electrolyte disorders, etc

A general biochemical panel, thyroid hormones and complete blood count is required to exclude some of the most common causes. Don't forget to check your temperature as well.

If you have other symptoms please inform me about them with as many details as you can, as it may help me to get a better idea of your problem.

If you have done any tests please upload them, so I check them out.

Kind Regards!
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis