Suggest treatment for persistent cold and cough
Dextromethorphan and Cetirizine
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns,
However, you can take Dextromethorphan and Cetirizine 10mg once daily before going to bed to ease a cough but you will need a chest X-ray to exclude bronchitis as a cause of prolonged cough you are experiencing...
If the cough persists after taking these medications then you might need to see a doctor for a prescription for a mast cell stabilizer as Montelukast (eg. Singulair) to relieve your symptoms.
I hope you find this helpful...Feel free to ask further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for frequent cold and cough
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough in 3 year old
- What treatment is suggested for cold and dry cough
- Home treatment for cough and colds
- Suggest treatment for frequent cold and cough
- Persistent cough after cold treatment
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for cold and cough
- Treatment for severe cold and cough
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough with mild fever
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?