Suggest treatment for painful raw and red lesion on corona of penis

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Sat, 7 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello dr, im just worried about a cut on the corona of my penis that happened, i noticed it after masterbating, i ignored it, went away in a couple of days, 10 days later a girl gave me oral sex and i had used a condom on her not sure if it was used properly, 13 days after that incident with the girl i masterbated left the semen in my underwear to dry, 10 hours later i noticed the place where the previous cut was, is raw and red, placed water in it, hurts like hell, is this a cut that reopened? Or another std i remember testing for std"s after 8 days then 4th gen hiv test at 7, 10, 14 weeks post exposure plus herpes and all other std everything came back negative, i just want to rest my mind
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most likely local inflammation

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. The symptoms you mentioned are suggestive of local skin irritation. Skin over the penis is highly sensitive so even a small cut due to any cause like friction can cause severe pain. It is unlikely to be STDs. If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following things:

- Avoid sex/masturbation till you become healthy again.
- Apply fusidic acid ointment over that area thrice a day
- Keep very good care of personal hygiene.
- keep genital area dry specially after taking bath.
- acetaminophen in case of pain

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 2 hours later
Im just so worried about hiv, have you ever heard of someone not detected by 4th gen hiv test after 4 months, mby the way i applied neosporin ointment in one day and it was gone
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Highly unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank you for the followup query.

You absolutely need not to worry. Its highly unlikely to be anyway near HIV and usually is detectable within a month. I would suggest you to relax, follow above mentioned measures and continue with your normal daily routine.

Thank You & wishing you a very good health.