question-icon

Suggest treatment for painful rash on the waist

Posted on Thu, 18 May 2017
Question: Hi, I am a female 47yrs old. Last weekend I got one of the worst migraines I've had in years and along with that I was exhausted and slept all weekend and even took Monday off to sleep. Then I came up with this painful rash on my waistline that looked like blisters and hurt like blisters. I'll figure out how to upload the pictures in a second. Does that sound like shingle to you?
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Yes it does sound like shingles

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Yes, it does sound like shingles, and the fact that it is located only on one zone and that you have a history of chicken pox supports this.
However I would like to see a picture to be sure. In the mean time I recommend you keep using the steroid cream and the pain killers.
You are welcome to ask for further information.

Wishing you all the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ornela Ademovi