question-icon

Suggest treatment for painful lump in the left testicles

Posted on Fri, 22 Jul 2016
Question: I have a lump with pain on my left testicle. I had this before many years ago and it seems to flair up speratically. The pain is pretty intense.
Answered by Dr. Rishi (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
It could be an Epididymal or a Sebaceous cyst of the scrotum.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir,

This is most likely an Epididymal cyst or a Sebaceous cyst in the scrotum.
It usually does not cause any problems but if it gets infected then it can lead to pain and swelling.
You should see a Surgeon who can examine it and tell you.

If you do not want to do that then you could take antibiotics like Tab Ciprofloxacin at a higher dose of 750 mg twice a day for ten days and give support to the scrotum with tighter underwear or scrotal support bandages.

For the pain, you could take Tab Diclofenac sodium or Paracetamol twice a day after meals.
This would relieve your problem most likely.

Take care and do let me know if there are queries on this issue.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon