What does this ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Lump
Question: I underwent an ultrasound and it showed epididymal cyst or hydrocele with no varicocele in my right testicular sac it was colour doppler ultrasound with normal testicle size but i can feel that it is epididymal cyst and not hydrocele as the cyst is separate from testes like a mass and not on testes and moreover ultrasound showed normal size of testes . I read about epididymus and i came to know that it transfers semen or sperm so i was concerned that if cyst will restrict flow of semen from testes or it allows semen to pass?
Does cyst affect fertility or testosterone production?
Should i go for treatment or not?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give details and post actual reports.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Post the real report.
What are the symptoms?
How did you notice it?
Any semen analysis done?
Married?
Any other information please.

Awaiting

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 19 minutes later
I have posted the ultrasound report . I had burning sensation and mild pain in groin and upper thighs on the recommendation of ayurvedic doctor i underwent scan . No semen analysis done . My urologist said afteer seeing this report that there is no varicocele so don't worry . i am unmarried . My semen looks the same as before .
I want to know particularly about epididymal cyst and the risks associated with it .
Brief Answer:
As detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the additional history and report.
From the report: size of 3.2 X 2.5 X 1.5 cm is very large for this to be epididymal cyst hence most probable diagnosis is encysted hydrocele. It has no internal echoes or septations.
This will not affect the testosterone production for sure.
If this is a spermatocele then the problems can be with the sperm flow.
Since you are 25 and unmarried I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Get the semen analysis done, if normal then no worry about fertility.
Please post the semen analysis report for further evaluation and then we can decided about whether to go for further treatment or not.
Please post the advise of your Urologist.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 13 minutes later
Are encysted hydroceles different from normal hydroceles ? I can feel the lump separate from testes and near it so
are encysted hydroceles separate from testes ?
If it so does it require treatment?
How does it happen is it a birth defect ?
If it doesn't affect sperm then why do i need to get semen analysis ?
Can i cure it naturally or with alternative medicine?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
As detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
To answer your queries:
> They are separate.
If it so does it require treatment?
> They may grow, although gradually, so better to get treated as your is already big and gives confirmatory diagnosis by surgery.
> Difficult to say.
> Your choice as you have a query. Already mentioned above: you are young and unmarried so better to get the semen analysis.
> Needs surgery. Does not cure naturally; alternative medicines: no exposure to these systems hence can not comment on this.

I hope this answers your queries.
You have not mentioned what your Urologist has advised you; please mention.