Suggest treatment for pain in the upper arms caused by cervical spine disorder

Dr. Ishu Bishnoi

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have a hemangina at c5, I have a surgical fusion at c6/7 I having narrowing of the cervical spinal canal. I have had a new experience in the last almost 12 months of severe pain in my upper arms, causing less movement and weakness. I have loss of movement in my left hand and left forearm pain etc for years now., numbness etc Could the upper arm stuff be related to my neck issues?
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cervical cord disease

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxxxxxxxxx, thanks for asking from HCM.

I can understand your concern. You are having cervical vertebral hemangioma, fusion of C6/7 and narrow canal. It can all cause cervical spinal cord compression.

Cervical spinal cord compression can cause

: Weakness in all four limbs.
: Stiffness in all limbs
: Permanent spasm in limbs at joints
: Sensory loss (Pain, temperature) in hands and arms

So your features can be due to it. You can further confirm it by consulting neurologist and he will evaluate your nervous system.

Hope it will help you. Thanks. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 30 minutes later
Thank you. Any neurologists with this service I can consult with?
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, welcome back.

You can consult any neurologist at your place, but preferably consult that one who works at some institute or medical college.

I am from New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I don't know particular names at your place whome I can suggest. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope you will understand my point. If you need any other help, do let me know.
Thanks. take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina