• question-icon

Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle

Posted on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Hi, got home from work two days ago and started having pain in my right testicle. I read that it could be an infection and started taking some penicillin I had from the dentist. After two days the swelling and pain is worse. It doesn't hurt to urinate and feels much better as long as I'm laying down. Is there anyway for me to tell what's going on and if I should see a doctor or if it will clear up?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult qualified Urologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted pain in Right Testicle that you are getting could be due to infection of Testicle (Orchitis) However it needs to be confirmed by clinical examination and few test .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum .

In the mean while start taking antibiotic like Cefixime and anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist