Suggest treatment for pain in the forearms and wrists
Can you upload picture?
Welcome to Health Care Magic, Thanks for writing to us,
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.
Can you upload pic of the streak?
Since when are you having the pain? is there any swelling in joint? does it flare up after you eat meat?
do you have diabetes or any other issue?
waiting for your input.
This can be controlled
Thanks for writing back,
I have read your question and seen the picture you uploaded, there is definitely evident redness present but it is quite non specific.
I would like you to know what can be different causes of such pain then i will come up with a solution.
I will come up with a solution which will cover up all the causes no matter what.
1) Osteo artheritis:
This is caused by insult of joint cartilage specially when one lacks vitamin-D and calcium ... this is more common in women after menopause.
2) Neuromuscular pain:
This usually happens in later part of life due to weakenning of muscles and nerves this can be cured.
3) Peripheral neuropathy:
In diabetics or people with some vitamin imbalance , this pain can occur which is hard to deal with and quite debilitating sometimes.
4) Vitamin D calcium deficiency:
This can occur after menopause when one doesn't take vitamin D supplements and calcium supplements.
I will suggest you certain methods to control it. And this will cover up all possible causes.
1) Rub Voltral gel at the side of pain.
2) Take calcium vitamin D supplement pills one daily.
3) Take Centrum for women multi vitamin pill once daily.
4) Warm compresses can help too, or you can keep your hand in warm water for some time this will loosen up your tissues.
5) I will also recommend my patients to use some pain killer preferably one having a combination of muscle relaxant with it for better result But till then diclofenac potassium 100mg SR can be used.
It is expected to take some time before it gets better you just have to be consistent and patient.
If that doesn't get better with vitamin supplements then other methods like pain killers and neuronal pain killers can be used but that can be discussed after a month or so when you feel that pain is getting to betterment or it's getting worse day by day.
I Hope this answers your question, if your have more queries feel free to ask, otherwise close the discussion and rate it. Wish you the best of health.
You have to learn about your issues
Thanks for writing back,
As i mentioned in my answer.
Such pains are very common in diabetics and those with vitamin deficiencies, and you might have both, so start vitamin and sugar free calcium suppliments and learn how to control sugar read about diabetic diets and workouts, take lectures join groups once you learn to control your sugars everything will go in the right direction but you got to control it.
Wish you best of luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for wrist pain
- What is the treatment for pain in wrist
- What is the treatment for painful swelling around wrist
- Is motrin used in the treatment of wrist pain ?
- Pain in left wrist redness on underside of wrist treatment
- Treatment for knuckle and wrist pain
- Suggest treatment for wrist pain after an accidental fall
- Suggest treatment to remove cyst on wrist
- Pain in ring finger knuckles palm wrist treatment
- Is voltaren used in the treatment of wrist pain ?
- What causes depression in a person with thyroid disorder?
- What causes smelly hair syndrome?
- What causes pain and numbness in chest and left arm?
- What causes pain in bottom of foot while walking?
- What causes itching sensation under chin area post carotid endarterectomy?
- Is it necessary to have antibiotics for sore throat and fever?
- Suggest treatment for renal cysts
- What causes severe cramps in foot at night?
- What tests help detect AIDS?
- What causes chest pain after doing cardio exercise?