Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pain in sternum due to a soft tissue injury?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I fell 2-3 weeks ago down three steps to our basement and thin carpet over concrete, for the past 2 weeks I experience a strong pain in my sternum. I hit on my left chest area I saw my neurosurgeon yesterday and sees no evidence of damage to my fusion and pleased that my walking has improved. He felt nothing injured in mt fall.
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Following measures will help with the pain Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From description , it seems to be soft tissue injury over chest . Now after 3 weeks if pain is severe ,I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the Xray of the area affected under his/her guidance. Meanwhile following measures will help with the pain • Anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required • Avoid strenuous activity & lifting heavy weights. • Apply diclofenac gel on the affected area. Warm compresses will also help. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for pain in sternum due to a soft tissue injury? 15 minutes later
Everything you are diagnosing sounds good. I will do as you have advised and thank you for your advise
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hope this discussion was useful. Detailed Answer: Hi, I am glad to know that I could address your concern. Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service. Warm regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor