What causes a lump on the neck along with breathlessness and chest pain?

Dr. Jawahar Ticku

Oncologist

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Cancer
Question: I have burning tingly sensation in sternum left chest left arm and collar bone. Hard to breathe. Normal EKG. Neck pain and lump on Neck under chin by ear.feel like someone choking me. Have had cervical fusion 14 years ago.
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
AIRWAY OBSSTRUCTION

Detailed Answer:
DEAR XXXX,
THANKS FOR YOUR QUERY.

SINCE YOU HAVE GIVEN THE HISTORY OF LUMP IN THE NECK AND DIFFICULTY IN BREATHING AND CHEST PAIN IT SUGGESTS THE PROBLEM IN THE CHEST GIVING RISE TO MEDIASTINAL COMPRESSION OR ANY INFECTIVE PROCESS. A GENERAL PHYSICAL EXAMINATION BY PRIMARY PHYSICIAN IS REQUIRED TO RULE OUT THE OTHER CHARACTERS OF MEDIASTINAL COMPRESSION.

YOU SHOULD ALSO UNDERGO A CT SCAN OF CHEST AND NECK TO FIND OUT THE NATURE OF THE LUMP IN THE NECK. ONCE THIS IS DONE I SHALL BE HAPPY TO ADVISE YOU FURTHER.

TRULY,
DR. J. TICKU
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj