Suggest treatment for pain due to back injury
She is now on hydrocodon-acetaminon as a pain medication. Is there any further treatment for her pain
and can one estimate, approximately, what is the recovery time?
it depends from the severity of the injury.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I read carefully your query and I am sorry that your wife is going through this.
There are a large number of analgesics that can be used to manage pain.
She is taking a combination of hydrocodone and acetaminophen .Hydrocodone is a narcotic analgesic.
Other options are :
-NSAIDs like ( ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib etc)
-Opioid analgesics ( tramadol, oxycodone, morphine, fentanyl, codeine, methadone and buprenorphine)
-Muscle relaxants and antispasticity medications (baclofen, diazapam, tizanidine, dantrolene, or clonazepam.)
If the pain due to back injury is not controlled with the analgesic that she is taking (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) she need to consult her treating doctor to discuss an appropriate treatment for her pain.
The recovery time depends on the severity of the contusion but it may vary from several weeks to months.
It is difficult to do any prediction.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for spinal cord compression caused by back injury
- Leg pain from back injury
- Treatment and cure for low back injury
- Suggest treatment for back injury
- Treatment and cure for lower back injury
- Treatment and cure for military back injury
- Treatment and cure for upper back injury
- Back injury radiating pain vertigo suggestions
- Back injury pain when pooping
- Treatment and cure for back injury
- Does Methamphetamine show up in hair drug test?
- Is medication required for cholesterol level of 5.1?
- Is frequent urination a symptom of heart attack?
- Suggest treatment for redness ad burning sensation of scrotal area
- What causes dizziness and nausea?
- What causes swelling on penis foreskin?
- Suggest remedy to loose belly fat and stretch marks
- What causes hard lymph node under right jaw?
- What causes painful bulge on penis post intercourse?
- What causes difficulty in climbing stairs and leg weakness?