Suggest treatment for numbness in the fingers
if underlying cause ruled out, may need to consider nifedipine
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Raynauds can be primary (no cause for the raynauds found) or secondary (there is an underlying disease or problem).
As you mentioned cold can provoke symptoms of raynauds, though emotional stress is also another aggravating factor.
In most cases of primary raynauds there is no progression/worsening of symptoms. This is more likely if there is an underlying disease.
If you have already been thoroughly assessed (by examination and blood tests) and no underlying condition has been found then you may need to consider the use of medication to control the raynauds eg medication from a family of medication called calcium channel blockers , usually nifedipine.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for numbness in figners
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness on hand
- Treatment and cure for finger numbness
- What treatment is suggested for pain and numbness in hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on face
- Pregnant fingers hand numbness tongue numbness treatment
- Suggest treatment for swellingpainful hard spots and numbness in legs
- Suggest treatment for numbness on shoulders and right arm
- Suggest treatment for sore and numb armpit