Suggest treatment for muscle twitching
Get following investigation done.
Thanks for your query.
It seems that you have muscle twitches or fasciculations. These are small, local, involuntary muscle contraction and relaxation arising from the spontaneous discharge of a bundle of skeletal muscle fibers.
You might consult your doctor who can order
1. a few blood tests including thyroid function tests,
2. Serum electrolytes including Serum calcium and potassium levels.
3. Serum B12 levels
In case the above tests are normal further testing can be done including - nerve conduction studies, Electromyography, etc. These tests might help to diagnose any underlying neurological issues.
The treatment of most of the conditions is very easy and the condition will resolve on its own. In some cases, prescription medications might be needed to stop severe symptoms.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
If this is idiopathic one.
It will go away on its own, if this is idiopathic one where there is no obvious cause. In these cases there is no active treatment needed.
Wishing you speedy recovery.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile http://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-saurabh-gupta/64132
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for muscle pain
- Twitching in eyes suggest treatment
- Treatment of muscle twitching
- Treatment and cure for muscle twitches
- Having back muscle twitching suggest the treatment
- Twitching muscles and sciatica treatment
- Suggest treatment for muscle strain
- Topical treatments for muscle twitches
- Treatment for pelvic muscle twitches
- Suggest treatment for muscle sprain