What causes weakness, tiredness, tremors, eyelid twitching and speech deterioration?
Age related problems. Suggestions given.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The mentioned problems are typical of age related degenerative conditions. Aged persons like him often develop electrolyte imbalance and that could cause weakness, tiredness, muscle twitches and shakes. I would insist him to take juicy fruits like citrus fruits. They contain plenty of potassium which should help in proper functioning of the muscles and in reduction of the cramps. He also needs to increase total fluid (water) intake and to take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) to replenish the lost fluids and salts.
Furthermore, the entire presentation of constipation alternating with diarrhea seems to sum up to one single cause i.e. slowing down of the bowel movements. Our bowels have a forward propulsive movement which moves the food forward as it is digested, absorbed and finally eliminated as feces. The key lies in regularization of the same. My suggestions would be to:
* Avoid long gaps between meals. Take small but frequent meals.
* Spicy food has to be avoided.
* It is very important to exercise regularly.
* High dietary fiber intake has to be ensured. Plenty of green leafy vegetables are to be taken. Fiber supplements like psyllium husk can also be taken along. This has to be taken daily at dinner irrespective of whether the problems are present.
Fiber rich food items include:
* Apples, pears, parsnip, berries, raspberries, kumquats, guavas, squash, oranges, passion fuit, avocado, blackberries, pomogranate, currants, persimmons, kiwi fruits, figs, bananas, blueberries, cherries, apricots, strawberries, tangerines, papaya, mangoes, pineapple, plums, litchi, grapes, watermelon
* Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, lettuce, brussels sprout, carrots, leafy vegetables and spinach, amaranth, artichokes, green peas, collard greens, XXXXXXX sweet potato, okra, fennel, eggplant/brinjal, sweetcorn, beets, turnip, asparagus, onions
* Legumes, beans, lentils, chickpeas, celery, soybean, navy beans, cranberry beans, french beans
* Whole grains, quinoa, brown rice, millets and oats, squash and pumpkin seeds, seasame seeds, dried coconut, almonds,
* Flax seeds, chia seeds, corn XXXXXXX
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for weakness tiredness headache nausea and light-headed
- Red spot on hip itchy weakness tiredness spider bite
- Weak tiredness dizzy is it because of studying hard
- Weakness tiredness headache after taking arogyavardhini vati side effect
- Headaches droopy eyelid drastic weight loss weakness tiredness kindly suggest
- Gastric problems after eating vomiting weakness tiredness permanent solution
- Had heart failure due to virus weakness tiredness breathlessness
- Prone to cold weakness tiredness advised azithromycin torex suggestion
- Treatment for weakness tiredness and sore throat
- Mild fever at night weakness tiredness cough cold treatment options
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation