Suggest treatment for muscle twitching in right thigh

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Wed, 6 Jan 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello Doctor, I am troubled by a muscle twitch in my right thigh about half way down to the left of the quod muscle. I should also add that I seem to have had a strain in the right side of my back for about ten days which comes and goes with certain postures. Do you think the two are related? - XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
likely related

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for your question,
Whenever you get a muscle strain there can be some inflammation. if the strain is in the back then you can get nerve irritation that radiates down to the leg. The best things you can do are to be careful not to restrain the area but at the same time you want to keep moving. Also drinking plenty of water will help. Taking a multivitamin daily may also help because muscles can cramp when they do not have the correct vitamins and minerals present. Do gentle stretches and apply warm compresses to the back and thigh. Hopefully you will be better very soon. If the pain gets worse or new symptoms develop then it would be good to see your doctor for an exam.
I hope you are feeling better soon,
Dr. Robinson