Suggest treatment for muscle pain in arm

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Wed, 9 Jul 2014 in Accident and Emergency
Question: The pain in my right arm is excruciating. I had a massage yesterday. The Massotherapist said there were no tight muscles and that it could be a tear in the tendon. It hurts all the time. It is painful to just type this note. I think I did this at my ballroom dance lessons on Monday where I was learning new complicated moves with spins in place and lunges out to the side. Who should I see to get the best help for this

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult Orthopaedic Surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms,
You can consult a Orthopaedic Surgeon for further management.
In the meantime you can try this piece of advice

1. Hot water fomentation to the area of pain
2. Analgeic like Ibuprofen will be helpful
3 Skeletal muscle relaxant like Chlorzoxazone will be helpful.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS,MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj