Suggest treatment for movement disorder on hand and leg after CABG

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 19 Nov 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello,
My father is 67, 2 years back he had a CABG and had a left vein graft. There seems to be some movement disorder on the left hand and left leg shortly after that. He has now undergone an MRI and has been diagnosed with asymmetric Parkinsonism/corticobasal syndrome. He has been on Syndopa plus (100/25) for some time now. (1.5, 1.5, 1.5) There has been no marked improvement in his condition, on the contrary it seems to be declining rapidly specially both the left limbs.

Please advise if any treatment is possible, also we would like to explore homeopathic treatment but do not know any homeopathic doctors to consult. We are based in XXXXXXX (India)

Look forward to your advise

Thanks,
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no cure for Corticobasal Syndrome.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I had gone through your question and understand your concerns. Syndopa plus should be titrated in appropriate levels before declaring its failure on treating Parkinsonism symptoms in corticobasal degenerative syndrome and serum measurement levels help. There is no cure for this disease. Treatment is symptomatic. Antioaxidants ( vitamin E) slow brain degeneration. Homeopathic treatment is not supported scientifically. Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T