question-icon

Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers

Posted on Wed, 19 Mar 2014
Question: After looking with the light it seems as if there maybe a small hole in my gum and it is hurting very bad it hurts to open my mouth to eat any kind of food burns it. And the same symptoms that I had been feeling with my neck around my ear and all that has came back It also hurts to open my mouth I thought I had scratched it at first I see a very small spot looks like it has white around it that's where the whole is.
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer: you maybe having an ulser! Detailed Answer: Hello You maybe having what is called an aphthous ulcer although i cant tell you for sure without examining you! If you could take a pic and upload it, it will be very useful! Aphthous ulcers are benign ulcers and will subside in a few days, you dont have to worry about them! You can start on hexidine mouth wash and vitamin b complex tablets as they will help in early recovery. You can also apply mucaine gel 3-4 times a day on the hole/ulcer it will reduce the pain and help you eat properly. Meanwhile take rest, avoid hot and spicy food and drink plenty of fluids. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist