Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers

User rating for this question
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2465 Questions
After looking with the light it seems as if there maybe a small hole in my gum and it is hurting very bad it hurts to open my mouth to eat any kind of food burns it. And the same symptoms that I had been feeling with my neck around my ear and all that has came back It also hurts to open my mouth I thought I had scratched it at first I see a very small spot looks like it has white around it that's where the whole is.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: you maybe having an ulser! Detailed Answer: Hello You maybe having what is called an aphthous ulcer although i cant tell you for sure without examining you! If you could take a pic and upload it, it will be very useful! Aphthous ulcers are benign ulcers and will subside in a few days, you dont have to worry about them! You can start on hexidine mouth wash and vitamin b complex tablets as they will help in early recovery. You can also apply mucaine gel 3-4 times a day on the hole/ulcer it will reduce the pain and help you eat properly. Meanwhile take rest, avoid hot and spicy food and drink plenty of fluids. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor