Suggest treatment for mood swings and anxiety
take care of stress management
Thanks for posting a query at healthcaremagic.
First thing I like to comment on dose of your medicine. For a young adult 10 mg of prodep is equal to nothing and it is unlikely that it will control your stress completely. The minimum effective dose of prodep for a adult is 20 mg and in my view dose need to be increased to 20mg with advice of your treating doctor. Secondly 0.25 mg of lonazep is too low and if there is no improvement in anxiety symptoms and sleep problem the dose of lonazep can be increased upto 1 mg per day with repeat assessment from your psychiatrist.
Having said this other than the medicines, you need to take care of stress at personal level so there is reduction of stress.
I am writing down few of the strategies that will help you in management of stress.
1. Diet: Ensure intake of adequate quantity of fiber. 2 servings of vegetable salad and 2 servings of fruits( One preferable citrus fruit). proper diet does miracles and rejuvenates. Orange is good source of anti-oxidants. Avoid junk food and fast food especially pizza, burgers and excessive sweets
2. Ensure adequate water intake: Follow rule of 1 which i usually advise. 1 glass of water 1 hour before and 1 glass of water 1 hour after every meals will ensure adequate consumption of water . Recommended intake of water is 2 to 3 liter a day. Insufficient intake of water could be a contributing factor in causation of symptoms.
3. Early morning Exercise: Brisk walking for 30 minutes at a stretch preferably in garden will be very helpful. Walking is the best exercise, it also promotes release of Endorphins( naturally occuring pain killers released in brain) which causes mood elevation and generalized feeling of well being. Make it a daily habit and incorporate in your lifestyle. Believe me it makes wonders.
4. Avoid tea/coffee/ nicotine and alcoholic beverages: If at all you want to drink something, drink fresh lime water. It is very much refreshing.
5. Start your day with a glass of Lemon water with 2 spoons of honey added. have a good breakfast.
6. Don't take work so seriously: We all have the feeling to excel in our respective fields and don't spend adequate time with our own self trying to understand our own needs.
Spend time with your family and friends.
7. While working/studying take frequent regular breaks: Taking regular breaks will not waste the time, but it will definitely increase the productivity, concentration and reasoning. Take break for 5 minutes every 30 minutes.
Close your eyes and rotate the eye balls for couple of minutes
8. Avoid late night socialization and avoid stressful situation/person
9. Avoid starring for longer time at the computer screen or TV for longer time
10. Steam inhalation before going to sleep will be very refreshing.
11. Multivitamin and Calcium supplement.
12. Meditation and Yoga helps too
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.
Talk to your treating doctor
Welcome back to me.
I am sorry to say that medical ethics do not allow me to prescribe a medicine over the internet because it is likely to do more harm than benefit. As I said earlier increase the dose of medicine with consultation of your treating doctor/psychiatrist. I hope you are residing in a city where a psychiatrist is available. If there is none you can call me at healthcaremagic so after a detailed hisstory I can advise you the proper medication for short term relief till you get access to a psychiatrist.
Having said this take care of stress to the possible extent. Self medication never help and that generally increase the problem so I advise you to stop experimenting with yourself.
Thanks and Regards
This is sedative dose
Thanks for reverting back to me.
2.5 mg of oleanz is sedative dose of antipsychotic and it is not associated with much side effects other than sedation for which it is used. This is a temporary solution for sleep problem and i hope he will stop it once you get proper sleep following control of your depressive symptoms.
At high doses it is associated with weight gain and change in lipid profile and chances of development of high blood pressure if used for longer time or for months or years.
"If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health".
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for separation anxiety
- Suggest treatment for adhdrls and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for extreme anxiety
- Suggest treatment for pain and anxiety
- Suggest treatments for anxiety
- Suggest treatment for anxiety with lightheadedness
- Suggest treatment for relapse of anxiety and depression
- Suggest treatment for REM sleep behavior disorder
- Suggest an alternative medicine to Metoclopramide
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- Can methamphetamine be passed to someone else through body fluids?
- What is the effect of Adderall on baby during pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety attacks
- Suggest treatment for female orgasmic disorder
- After what time period of drinking alcohol can Risperidone and...
- Suggest treatment for mood swings and anxiety