Suggest treatment for mild mitral regurgitation

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi Doctor! How bad is my mitral valve regurtation. And my last blood sugar is 112mg/dl do i need ti take medication on that. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It's just mild, no need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
hello,
It's just a mild mitral regurgitation and also rest all parameters like heart function and all is normal. So at this stage, no treatment or surgery is needed. However, you should get 1-2 yearly echo to monitor the regurgitation and heart function. Surgery will be done once it reaches severe. At this point, no need to worry.
This blood sugar was fasting or post meal or random. If it's random or post meal then it's a normal, if it's fasting, then it is slightly on a higher side, then you ll need 2 hr post meal sugar, HbA1c along with diet modification and regular exercise.
Your cholesterol is on higher side, so you will medicine like atorvastatin 10 mg for that, which you can get prescribed from local doctor. You should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily and high calorie diet. Have low salt diet and monitor blood pressure regularly checked. Regular exercises like brisk walking, jogging according your capacity atleast 30 min a day and 5 days a week. Lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish once or twice a week, avoid meat. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. There shouldn't abdominal fat deposition or obesity.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sagar Makode 36 minutes later
Can i include Doctor muscle buliding exersise just to stay fit?
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
yes, there is no contraindication to such activities if you are able to tolerate it and have no symptoms like shortness of breath.
Follow up: Dr. Sagar Makode 31 minutes later
I am takung lisinpril 5mg to maintain my blood pressure thats fine too if i lift heavy weights?
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
just keep monitoring your blood pressure and you can gradually begins exercise. Still too heavy weight lifting and excessive strain should be avoided as it can raise a bp to certain extent.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng