Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for mild inflammation of tendons

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6486 Questions
I have an MRI result here but can't see my Orthopedic doctor until 8/11. Have had this pain for several weeks now and Urgent Care has put me on pain meds but in the meantime could you explain the meaning of the findings. Can I email you the sheet?
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are suffering from tendon & bursa inflammation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to HCM

I have gone through your findings in detail.
You have benign findings and it is easily manageable.

You are suffering from mild inflammation of tendons(structure that join bones to muscles)in gluteal region.Changes are both sided involving greater trochanter (bony landmark of femur).Tendinitis occurs when a muscle is overused and pulls on the tendon that attaches it to the bone.
There are also inflammation of bursa in trocanteric region.Bursa is a pad that contains fluid and allows tendons to glide more easily over bony prominences.

You are also suffering from age related mild osteoarthritis changes in hip joint.

Your condition should be manged conservatively.
You should take rest from your activities,especially which are causing the strain.
You can also use ice and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines(NSAIDS) to treat inflammation.
A pack of ice and damp cloth covered bag applied every one to two hours can also provide excellent relief of pain.
You also need physiotherapy in the form of exercise,hot therapy and massage.
Steriod are used in refractory cases.

It is good that there are no fracture or dislocation.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for mild inflammation of tendons 36 minutes later
So, should I go to the Orthopedic Dr. and get orders for phsyiotherapy or is a stationary bycicle (one that has chair type seat on it) good enough to do at home?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please find detail answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for writing back

Yes,you need to be examined by a orthopedician.
please do physiotherpy under guidance of a physiotherapist.
You need variety of stretching exercises.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor