Suggest treatment for mild abdominal pain

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Sir, i, 41 yrs old, did not have any problem with my digestive system until recently for few days(around days) I started to feel vey mild pain( in Bengali we call it byatha not jantrana) in the region of right ascending colon. And parallely frequent air formation(no foul smell). And continuous mild pain in the right arm. Stooling is normal in amount and color. But whatever I eat creates pure air inside with no smell.
USG and CTscan done--- no finding. LFT done no finding.
Please suggest.
With regards,
------------ xxxxx XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:

I admire your positive outlook and congratulate you for the attitude

Now I guess you have right lower quadrant pain, bloating, and right arm mild pain

There are lots of pathological causes responsible for your problems

However, let me give my opinion here.

As per your clinical history is concerned please let me clarify few things from your side:-

1)I want to know that is it a sudden pain which start from right side and shift to left side if pressed and pain worsens if you cough?

2)Does your pain relieve after bowel movements?or you have history of diarrhea along with this problem?

3)Have you done full blood count and stool examination(RE/ME) if done upload reports.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 3 hours later
Thank u sir for the reply.
I have not done the stool RE.
Other symptoms include:
1. The point of pain, moves in a very narrow region in the right side only but vertically up and on the rib edges in the end-of-liver region when lie on the bed turned right. But no pain when lying turned left or straight.
2. No pain when standing still but if try to pull the belly inside, I feel pain but position lowered.
3. I notice sloghtly excess amount of stool-- soft, normal weight and length but yellowish.
4. Yes, pain reduced after bowel movement.
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.

As per your history is concerned your problem is due to gastrointestinal cause only so you can modify your life style and take medication when required-:

1)Avoid foods that trigger excessive gas formation like fatty and spicy foods and processed foods.

2)Eat five or six small meals a day instead of 3 large meals and chew your foods slowly and thoroughly.

3)Try to avoid alcohol and caffeine

4)Avoid painkillers without any reasons

5)Check which medications gives you these symptoms, take alternative for it.

6)Try to control stress and anxiety

7)If at home you feel these symptoms first take over the counter antacids and if pain is severe then discuss with your doctor to prescribe a [PPI]

8)Discuss with your doctor regarding H pylori infection if they agree take a full course

9)Do exercise regularly in the morning and evening and try to maintain proper weight.

10)Do your [stool exam] to ruled out any parasitic infection present or not.

I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further clarifications, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj