Suggest treatment for migraine headache

Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 8 Dec 2015 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi there ,My sister age 63 has had headaches for years ,which she thought was migraines .the last 4 months she has been experiencing the tremors after the headache starts first .The tremors are bad and she feels cold when this happens, she can't hold on to anything when this happens ,also she has said the tremors are now in the back of her legs .She has been prescribed Ativan so when the headache starts she can take one to maybe stop the tremors .She has been going up to the Emerg often .Her blood pressure and heartrate elevate when these symptoms happen .She has been on high blood pressure Meds since she was 19 yrs old .Thank You A very concerned sister .
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Visit a neurologist for detailed examination

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Migraine headache may be the primary headache she was suffering for years but the current problem of tremlousness is not related to that.
She may be having anxiety neurosis or sudden hypertensive crisis.
She needs evaluation for parkinsons if the tremors are continuos.
She should visit a neurologist for detailed examination and evaluation.
Till then she should take proper control of blood pressure.
Anxiety drugs like clonazepam or amitryptiline may help.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D