Suggest treatment for meralgia paresthetica

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
went for emg -meralgia paresthica. knew this. they also found neurogenic injury of EDB and axonal loss of peroneal CMAP consistent w mononeurits. does this require treatment or can it stay the same- I only have numbness of lateral foot, no pain or loss of function?
Posted Sat, 2 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
if it's chronic problem then does not require trea

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have read your query.

If this problem is chronic since 1 to 2 years then you may not need treatment.

If it's recent problem then neurotropic medication like pregabalin and methylcobalamine can be started consulting your doctor.

Physiotherapy like tens and matrix therapy may help.

I hope I have answered your questions answered questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer your question.