question-icon

Suggest treatment for lymphoma, fatigue with night sweats, motor and cognitive symptoms

Posted on Sat, 26 Sep 2015
Question: This has been a long process. I have neuron specific enolase in my blood, r parotid enlargement with r facial edema, lymph nodes yet clinically insignificant and now a lymphatic mass at lingular tonsil area in throat. I have all the symptoms of carcinoid. What test is next. Mind u spinal tap had lymphocytosis, low glucose and normal neutrophils and I have anemia of chronic disease. I am fatigued with night sweats and having motor and cognitive symptoms. What specialist would be best for this? Thank u.
Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Biopsy is needed

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I am sorry about what you are going through.

Judging from the description of your manifestations it seems that the most likely diagnosis is a lymphoma, a type of tumor involving lymphatic system. There are several different types, management depends on classification.

In terms of next tests, in order to confirm the diagnosis and determine the type a biopsy of the lymphatic mass with cytologic examination of the specimen from a pathologist is required.

As for the most appropriate specialist that would be an oncologist.

I remain at your disposal for further questions.
Dr. Olsi Taka

Neurologist