Suggest treatment for lump on thighs

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 2 Jan 2015 in Lump
Question: I have a lump with black in the center. It is located on the inside of my thigh and it's very sensitive when touched. It has grown to about a half dollar in size. Please help
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Attach a picture or mail to YYYY@YYYY

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Read the history and understood it.

I would like to have further information please:
Since when have you got this lump?
Is the blackening in the center recent -like few day or since long ?

I will be happy to see the actual and clear photograph, you can attach the photograph with this question. Visual impression helps for the better diagnosis.

From the history you have provided:
This looks to be an infected sebaceous cyst. On infection it becomes very sensitive and center becomes black as the pressure from within does a necrosis in the center.

I would advise you the following:
Get blood tests done particularly to rule out diabetes.
Consult a Doctor to get a prescription for proper antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines.
Apply liquid povidone iodine locally and cover with sterile gauze and bandage.
If advised - go for excision / incision and drainage. The idea is to have a permanent cure as for now and for the future too.

Treatment of any other medical diseases is you have.

I hope this answer helps you to get a proper guideline for diagnosis and treatment.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E