Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

194 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for lump in the armpit

Answered by
Dr. Ronald Schubert

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 2407 Questions

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have a growth in my armpit, it looks almost like a mole that has grown to about 1/4" in length
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Skin growth

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You have noticed a growth in your armpit. It would be very helpful if you would down load a picture of the lesion so we can better help with diagnosis. At this point I would be only guessing as to what your lesion is. I would assume at your age you could be developing seborrheic keratosis or a benign nevus. Please submit an image so I can better serve you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 52 minutes later
I have attached a picture
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
skin tag

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for submitting a photograph. The image is showing that you have a large skin tag. Theses are completely benign and can be easily removed by your doctor in the office. Usually a small local anesthesia and then cutting it off is all that is needed.

In summary
1. Skin tag
2. completely benign
3. Can be surgically removed in your doctor's office

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any further questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Seborrheic keratosis

doctor1 MD

I have a small patch of skin discoloration under my right eye and just above the cheekbone. It has been a dark shade of brown for a number of years, but today I noticed it is slightly lighter in color and is no longer flat. There is some melanoma...

doctor1 MD

I found out couple of dark marks on my penis shaft and light colour on my penis head. I'm stressed out whether it is penile cancer or not. Please do help me

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor! About seventeen years ago, my primary care doctor removed about six pigmented lesions from my back using electrodessication and currettage. He said the lesions were all normal on visual inspection, and I had actually visited a...

doctor1 MD

My pathology report for seborrheic or actinic keratosis on my face had a mixed conclusion of keratosis atypia/surface cell squamous cell skin cancer. I have been using estrogen since 2007 for vaginal atrophy. Can 10mcg of estrogen cause this? I am fair skinned and have had sunburns over my 63 years

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with genital seborrheic keratosis a couple of months before and getting cryotherapy for those keratosis. But i searched on internet and all articles say those are genital warts affected by HPV. My age is 65 and am worried a lot if this is virus. Is there any test to know what is that?

doctor1 MD

i had some wart like growths on the crotch area some time ago, went to a consultation and after a biopsy my doctor told me they were seborrheic keratosis, but i couldn t find mention of that happening near the groin on google. now noticed a few more, should i worry?