Suggest treatment for lump in the armpit

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have a growth in my armpit, it looks almost like a mole that has grown to about 1/4" in length
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Skin growth

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You have noticed a growth in your armpit. It would be very helpful if you would down load a picture of the lesion so we can better help with diagnosis. At this point I would be only guessing as to what your lesion is. I would assume at your age you could be developing seborrheic keratosis or a benign nevus. Please submit an image so I can better serve you

Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 52 minutes later
I have attached a picture
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
skin tag

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for submitting a photograph. The image is showing that you have a large skin tag. Theses are completely benign and can be easily removed by your doctor in the office. Usually a small local anesthesia and then cutting it off is all that is needed.

In summary
1. Skin tag
2. completely benign
3. Can be surgically removed in your doctor's office

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any further questions.