Suggest treatment for lower back pain

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Question: I drive daily around 80 KM and facing lower back problem from some time and lost some weight as well. What i should do to improve my condition.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do take good care of your back

Detailed Answer:
XXXXXXX

When you seat for long hours as you are doing proper back support is must. When back is neglected you get pain.

Please try following which should help:

Watch your back
Keep the car seat in proper position and well cushioned.
You can use pillow as per need.
Avoid putting wallet in back pocket.

Regular exercise is must. Continue back exercises on routine basis.

For weight loss:
Please keep a watch,how much you have lost in what time.

Minor weight loss of about 0.5 to 1 kg is fine and can happen due to various reasons and strenuous life.

If it is more then that please consult your doctor.

Dr.Pragnesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 21 minutes later
OK, will use cushion and see if it helps.

And I lost around 3 kg in last 15 days. How can I improve this and avoid losing more weight.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs medical evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Good to hear from you again.

Along with pillow follow other suggestions also.

3 kg in 15 days without effort needs evaluation and medical examination.

Please visit your family physician and get your self examined.

One must find out the reason for weight loss.

Depending upon the reason identified I can guide you further,please visit your doctor.

Dr.Pragnesh
Follow up: Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 17 minutes later
OK thanks
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please close the query and rate the answer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks.

Dr.Pragnesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj