Suggest treatment for lower abdominal cramps and constipation
Diverticulitis or inflammatory bowel disease
I can understand your concern about GI symptoms
1) Your present symptoms are indicative of repeat episode of diverticulitis or inflammation in lower part of large intestine.
2) Either of these condition produce mucus discharge in stool, lower abdominal cramp type pain, alternate constipation or diarrhea.
3) Bloating might be due to inflammation related indigestion.
4) You might require colonoscopy to confirm the diagnosis with delineating extent and severity of condition.
5) You may take medications for relief of symptoms i.e. anti-colic medication for pain (Tab Drotin), antimotility medication to reduce frequency of stool (Tab Loperamide).
Hope I answered your query. If you have any further doubts, I would be happy to help you.
Have a good day!
UC is type of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
IBS and UC are different.
UC is type of inflammatory bowel disease which I mentioned in previous answer and I am suspecting this as one of differential diagnosis.
IBS is irritable bowel syndrome and mucus discharge would not be there in IBS.
Severity of condition depends on extent of disease and for this colonoscopy is must.
But based on past history of diverticulitis and twisted colon, I am suspecting non-specific inflammation of diverticula and adjacent large intestine rather than UC. Although this is my assumption based on your history, final diagnosis might be different
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of lower abdominal cramping
- Frequent urination lower abdominal cramps any suggestion
- Treatment and cure for lower abdominal cramping
- Lower abdominal cramps
- What is the treatment for lower abdominal cramping
- Lower abdominal cramps no period
- Treatment and cure for abdominal cramp
- Lower abdominal cramps and bloating
- Lower abdominal cramping causes
- Lower abdominal cramping and hardening
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- What does this CT report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for liver disease
- What causes frequent bowel movements and discomfort post defecation?
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain, bloating and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for lactose intolerance, fatty liver disease and...
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue in an elderly person post a...
- Suggest treatment for grade 2 fatty liver
- Suggest treatment for severe abdominal bloating
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of anal fissure