Suggest treatment for low testosterone levels

Excellent

Question
I am healthty 57 black male and after 31 years of marriage my wife has turned me off with a funky smell in her vagina of which she feels she can't do anything about. My urialogist tells me I have low Tetesarone and want to give me the patch or cream. How can I build this back up?
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
HRT for you is different from HRT for your wife.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query carefully and understand your concerns.

There are two possibilities to consider regarding the 'funky' smell in your wife's vagina. The first is a bacterial infection which requires being treated with antibiotics like Doxycycline.

The second possibility is indeed hormone deprivation and in such a case hormone replacement in the form of a patch or cream can be done (for her). Hormone replacement for you (Testosterone) is a different issue altogether and would depend upon the presentations you have.

It would be advisable to visit a gynecologist or an endocrinologist and to get the issue sorted.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for low testosterone levels 18 minutes later
The Testosterone patch or gel has plenty side effects like enlarging of prostate, liver problem, heart problems. Is there another way to get my testosterone back up?

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Only way out

Detailed Answer:
No, there is no other way to boost your testosterone levels. But let me assure you need not worry. The list of side effects, however severe may appear, are primarily there theoretically. It is safe and widely used in day to day clinical practice.