Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for low testosterone levels

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4140 Questions
I am healthty 57 black male and after 31 years of marriage my wife has turned me off with a funky smell in her vagina of which she feels she can't do anything about. My urialogist tells me I have low Tetesarone and want to give me the patch or cream. How can I build this back up?
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
HRT for you is different from HRT for your wife.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query carefully and understand your concerns.

There are two possibilities to consider regarding the 'funky' smell in your wife's vagina. The first is a bacterial infection which requires being treated with antibiotics like Doxycycline.

The second possibility is indeed hormone deprivation and in such a case hormone replacement in the form of a patch or cream can be done (for her). Hormone replacement for you (Testosterone) is a different issue altogether and would depend upon the presentations you have.

It would be advisable to visit a gynecologist or an endocrinologist and to get the issue sorted.

Let me know if I could help further.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for low testosterone levels 18 minutes later
The Testosterone patch or gel has plenty side effects like enlarging of prostate, liver problem, heart problems. Is there another way to get my testosterone back up?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Only way out

Detailed Answer:
No, there is no other way to boost your testosterone levels. But let me assure you need not worry. The list of side effects, however severe may appear, are primarily there theoretically. It is safe and widely used in day to day clinical practice.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor