Suggest treatment for loose stool in an infant
Feed well and give enterogermina ampule, watch for dehydration
Welcome to HCM.
Can understand your concerns.
Your baby is 16 days old and is passing stools 10 times per day is a matter of concern.
Causes of loose stools in baby are bottle feeding, top milk feeding.
Examination is necessary in such a small child so that we don't miss any important finding like dehydration.
In my opinion, you should give prebiotic like enterogermina ampule once a day for 3 days, give breastfeeding more frequently to child.
If child is passing less than 6 times urine or has decreased activity then he may require hospitalisation.
Start prebiotic and get your child examined by a doctor.
I hope this will help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for loose stools and vomiting
- Infant with greenish loose stools reason
- Completed hepatitis c treatment having pale loose stools suggestions
- Suggest treatment for loose stools and vomiting in a toddler
- Probiotics loose stools infants
- Treatment and cure for chronic loose stools
- Infant having loose stools medication
- Blood in infant loose stools
- Treatment and cure for Loose stool
- Treatment for loose stools and hot flushes