Suggest treatment for leg weakness

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Sat, 31 Oct 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have recently lost alot of strength in my legs...Like cannot stoop down and get up without help.....
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tell a few details.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

I would surely like to be of help but I need to know a few details beforehand-
1)Since when are you having this complaint?
2)Was it gradual or sudden onset?
3)Are the symptoms static or progressive?
4)Do you have normal sensations in lower limbs-like the feeling of touch,hot or cold?
5)Do you have any difficulty in passing urine?
6)Any other past medical history or disease history?

Please follow up with details so that I can answer it well.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 25 hours later
About the last year it has gotten worse..
Very gradual
Static
Can feel hot/cold/touch
no difficulty passing urine
Had back surgery 10 years ago...also have COPD and taking symbicort, Pro-air inhalers and barrets disease that was last year..I take prilosac for that
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neurological examination.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up and providing details.

I am afraid to say that your clinical history does not give a clue to the recent loss of strength in your legs.
You need to be physically examined by a neurologist in order to get a proper diagnosis.I hope you understand that not all the cases can be diagnosed,just on basis of history.

I suggest you to visit a neurologist in person.
If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)