Suggest treatment for knee pain and stiffness in joints
RICE protocol for now, and MRI knee
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. You are quite young and the only two main possibilities amongst other causes I suspect to be the cause for your presentation is either trauma/injury or obesity/being overweight.
Could you write back to me regarding the following:
+Any recent injuries?
+Do you play sports? If yes, which ones?
+Please write to me about your weight and height?
I would at this point recommend an MRI of your knee which would clearly provide us with information on your skeletal and ligament status?
I look forward to hearing from you in order to help you further sir. But in the meantime, please also practice the following RICE protocol:
-Rest: Avoid weight bearing
-Ice application: on the affected region
-Compression: With the use of an elastic bandage
-Elevation of the affected limb
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for knee pain relief
- Knee pain and stiffness arthritis
- Knee pain treatment
- Injection treatment for knee pain
- Causes of knee pain stiffness
- Arthritis treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Anterior knee pain treatment
- Knee pain treatment at home
- Meniscus knee pain treatment