Suggest treatment for kidney problem other than kidney transplantation
YES. He needs kidney transplantation. He can go for it. But not immediately. As his creatinine is only 7, he can wait and get prepared for dialysis. He should be thoroughly prepared and keep himself fit medically and as well as physically. He can get AV fistula ready for dialysis. He need to be initiated on dialysis at an appropriate time . Then you can plan for transplant.
In our country (India), only parents, siblings, children and spouse can donate kidneys. Any other kind of transplantation is illegal except the one approved by authorization committee. I personally don't advice such "unrelated " transplant as they are not go even medically. Chances of rejections as well as infection will be high which can lead to an early mortality. Similarly, such tranaplsnts in other countries are also illegal and unethical. Let him be on adequate hemodilaysis or CAPD which can keep him well for 12-15 years and above. He can register locally in cadaver transplant programme. ( ORBO of XXXXXXX at New Delhi).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Giant platelets kidney transplant
- Post kidney transplant monocytosis
- Costochondritis kidney transplant
- Cmc vellore kidney transplant
- Post kidney transplant and benadryl
- Herbalife and kidney transplant patients
- Pimple and acne treatment for kidney transplant
- Kidney transplant and stomach crunches
- Will conceiving be a problem after a kidney transplant
- Kidney transplant without insurance
- How can the swelling and duplex kidney be treated in a child?
- Kidney function 10%, dialysis. Best hospital?
- How is chronic kidney disease treated ?
- Dialysis of kidney, blood cleaning process, hospitalization. Kidney...
- Polydipsia, reduced water intake. Kidneys slow reaction to water intake....
- Squamous cells urine. What is the level of WBC and protein to be...
- 73 years old have increase oedema under eyes and blood creatine level 8....
- 70 years old with high creatinine level. Normal kidney. Undergone...
- Renal transplantation done. Ultrasound showed mild echogenic and...
- Suffering from kidney disease and one sided paralysis. Feeling nausea...