Suggest treatment for jaw pain
Please elaborate the problem..
Thanks for the query..
As per your complain it looks like you have a cavity in your tooth and it is the cause for jaw pain..
But I would like to know a few more details so that I can guide you better.
1. Do you have cavity in tooth and there is pain in that tooth also along with jaw pain?
2. Is there any swelling also present?
3. Is the pain moderate or severe?
4. As you have written that you contacted a Dentist 6 years back, so did you get any treatment done like filling, Root canal treatment or anything else?
5. Which painkiller are you taking and since how many days are you taking painkillers?
Please revert back with answers.
2.No such swelling now.
3.Some times it get severe.
4.No I just went with medicines and He has asked for RCT to save the tooth.
5.Ketorol but not taking every time when pain is very much then only I take.
X ray followed by appropriate treatment.
Thanks for the reply..
It looks like your tooth is decayed since long and you need to get it treated as soon as possible to get permanent relief..
Medications will provide only temporary relief and in case of tooth decay, treating the tooth is the only way to relieve pain and infection completely..
You should consult an Endodontist and get evaluated..
As x ray is a must to check for the severity of decay and as it is 4 years now, it has to be checked that whether tooth can be saved or not.
If tooth is in a condition to be saved then Root Canal Treatment can help..
In case if there is gross decay extraction is advisable..
Please write back for more queries..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain with jaw pain
- Jaw pain and earlobe pain
- What is the cause and treatment for jaw pain
- Treatment and cure for Severe jaw pain
- Locked jaw painful to eat treatment
- Treatment and cure for throbbing jaw pain
- Jaw pain facial pain on antibiotics history of sinusitis treatment
- Suggest treatment for jaw pain due to tooth infection
- Tragus pain jaw pain
- Treatment and cure for jaw pain
- Suggest treatment for radiating pain in jaw
- Suggest treatment for raised bumps on tongue
- What causes cramps and weakness post intake of Clindamycin and Oxycodone?
- Is Tylenol advisable for pain while on Ramipril and Atorvastatin?
- What causes gum sensitivity along with puffiness and sensitivity inside...
- What causes a painless patch inside the left cheek?
- What causes bleeding gums while brushing?
- What causes lower front teeth pain and bleeding gums while on Storvas?
- What causes severe tooth pain post a root canal?
- Suggest remedies for dental abscess